- Daimler Trucks hands over first all-electric FUSO eCanter trucks to customers
- Daimler launches new DENZA electric vehicle for the Chinese market
- Pride Tour 2018: Daimler supports tolerance and diversity worldwide
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
Automotive, Aerospace and Rail
Tata Motors has partnered with ASDC (Automotive Skills Development Council), NSDC (National Skills Development Corporation) and NAPS (National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme), for various skill development programs in the automotive sectors166 trainees (94 boys and 72 girls) as a pilot batch at Pune plants of Tata Motors have been awarded the ASDC Certification in automotive assembly skills and similar assessments are being conducted in Tata Motors Sanand Plant.
Volkswagen Group officially opened Future Centre Asia today, one of three such centres worldwide that will take a whole new approach to envisioning people’s mobility needs of the future and creating visionary solutions.
The largest British logistics company is upgrading its fleet with another 100 Mercedes-Benz Actros tractor units featuring the latest, cutting-edge safety technology.
Adient, plc and Boeing have announced the formation of Adient Aerospace, a joint venture that will develop, manufacture, and sell a portfolio of seating products to airlines and aircraft leasing companies.
INEOS Automotive has announced Mark Tennant, the former Chief Executive of Guava International and former Marketing Director of Bentley Motors, as its new Commercial Director.
Effective 1st January 2018, former Managing Director (MD) of Defence and Intelligence for Lockheed Martin, Andy Madge, joined the Managing Board of Frequentis UK, taking over responsibility for the UK and Ireland subsidiary of Frequentis AG.
2018 Looking Further with Ford Trends Report highlights how global societal changes are impacting new consumer behaviours and attitudes; shifts toward activism, compassion and self-expression will shape the new year.
WNT will join forces with Open Mind, DMG Mori, Training 2000 and UCLAN, to deliver a series of advanced machining strategy days aimed at the aerospace sector in the north west of England. Taking place at Training 2000’s state-of-the-art Advanced Manufacturing and Automation Centre (AMAC) in Blackburn.