- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- Innophos completes acquisition of Novel Ingredients
Automotive, Aerospace and Rail
The largest British logistics company is upgrading its fleet with another 100 Mercedes-Benz Actros tractor units featuring the latest, cutting-edge safety technology.
Adient, plc and Boeing have announced the formation of Adient Aerospace, a joint venture that will develop, manufacture, and sell a portfolio of seating products to airlines and aircraft leasing companies.
INEOS Automotive has announced Mark Tennant, the former Chief Executive of Guava International and former Marketing Director of Bentley Motors, as its new Commercial Director.
Effective 1st January 2018, former Managing Director (MD) of Defence and Intelligence for Lockheed Martin, Andy Madge, joined the Managing Board of Frequentis UK, taking over responsibility for the UK and Ireland subsidiary of Frequentis AG.
2018 Looking Further with Ford Trends Report highlights how global societal changes are impacting new consumer behaviours and attitudes; shifts toward activism, compassion and self-expression will shape the new year.
WNT will join forces with Open Mind, DMG Mori, Training 2000 and UCLAN, to deliver a series of advanced machining strategy days aimed at the aerospace sector in the north west of England. Taking place at Training 2000’s state-of-the-art Advanced Manufacturing and Automation Centre (AMAC) in Blackburn.
ABB is again underlining its leading role in sustainable global transport solutions with a new project together with Volvo Buses, this time for Nanyang Technological University in Singapore: ABB will provide its state-of-the-art Heavy Vehicle Chargers 300P for the forthcoming project to deliver two autonomous driving electric buses for the island by the beginning of 2019.
Cisco and Hyundai Motor Company announced the production of a next-generation, hyperconnected car. Hyundai will feature this new in-vehicle network in their premium 2019 vehicles.