- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- Adient agrees to purchase automotive seating supplier Futuris Group
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
Clariant, a world leader in speciality chemicals, has announced first quarter 2018 sales of CHF 1.722 billion compared to CHF 1.602 billion in the first quarter of 2017.
Nestlé has inaugurated two new factories in the China Medical City in Taizhou, Jiangsu Province. The factories will meet the needs of consumers for Foods for Special Medical Purposes (FSMP) and skin care products.
AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals and INEOS Nitriles have signed a long-term co-operation agreement that will allow AkzoNobel to expand its production of biodegradable chelates, used in detergents and other industries, utilizing one of INEOS Nitriles' chemical products.
The Procter & Gamble Company has announced it has signed an agreement to acquire the Consumer Health business of Merck KGaA for a purchase price of approximately €3.4 billion.
Recently at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in London, Bayer joins with members of the agriculture industry – BASF, Mitsui Chemicals, Sumitomo Chemical Company and Syngenta – to pledge its ongoing support to the research, development and supply of innovative vector control solutions, to help eradicate malaria by 2040.
Novartis AG has announced that its indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, Novartis AM Merger Corporation, a Delaware corporation, has commenced a cash tender offer to purchase all the outstanding shares of common stock, par value $0.0001 per share, of AveXis Inc for a price of $218.00 per share, net to the seller in cash, without interest and subject to any tax withholding.
PROKON, a subsidiary of Nobel Oil Services in Construction and Project Management, fulfilled Construction Works at SOCAR Ammonia and Urea plant, in conformity with the remaining Commissioning activity of the plant that is ongoing.
For the 29th consecutive year, LyondellBasell, one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies, is a top corporate donor to the United Way of Greater Houston with a donation of $1.36 million for its 2017 campaign.