- Daimler Trucks hands over first all-electric FUSO eCanter trucks to customers
- Daimler launches new DENZA electric vehicle for the Chinese market
- Pride Tour 2018: Daimler supports tolerance and diversity worldwide
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
W. R. Grace & Co. has recently signed an agreement to acquire the Polyolefin Catalysts business of Albemarle Corporation for $416 million. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2018, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.
GE Additive has celebrated the opening of its first international Customer Experience Centre in Munich. The new 2,700m² centre, co-located with GE’s European Technology Centre, allows current and potential customers to experience every aspect of the additive manufacturing process from design to prototyping to operations.
Clariant, a world leader in speciality chemicals, today announced an agreement with Xuzhou HaiDing Chemical Technology Co. Ltd. to develop a custom-built CATOFIN catalyst and propane dehydrogenation (PDH) unit in cooperation with its technology partner CB&I. The project includes the license and engineering design of the unit, which is to be built in Pizhou, Jiangsu Province, China.
Specialty chemicals company Evonik is to acquire 3M’s high-concentrates additive compounding business, and the corresponding agreement has been signed.
Cornelius, an independent European manufacturer and distributor of high-performance chemicals for the industrial manufacturing sector, is telling paint manufactures not to be alarmed by recent zirconium price increases and to use alternative zirconium driers instead.
Praxair, Inc has announced that shareholders approved the business combination with Linde AG at Praxair’s special meeting of shareholders.
Purdue University researchers have found a method of identifying biological markers in small amounts of blood that they believe could be used to detect a myriad of diseases, infections and different medical conditions at early stages.
Ethanol Technologies Limited (Ethtec) chairman, Mr Robert Carey, has welcomed the announcement by the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) of $11.9 million in funding for Ethtec to complete the development and demonstration of its advanced biofuel production technology.