- Daimler Trucks hands over first all-electric FUSO eCanter trucks to customers
- Daimler launches new DENZA electric vehicle for the Chinese market
- Pride Tour 2018: Daimler supports tolerance and diversity worldwide
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
Gilead Sciences, Inc has entered into a definitive agreement with Kite Pharm to acquire Kite for $11.9 billion, or $180.00 per share. In announcing the acquisition, Gilead Sciences said the transaction, anticipated to close in the fourth quarter of 2017, will provide opportunities for diversification of revenues, and is expected to be neutral to earnings by year three and accretive thereafter.
Students from Eindhoven University of Technology taking part in this year's Bridgestone World Solar Challenge in Australia will be aiming to blaze a winning trail in a stunning new vehicle featuring high performance coatings supplied by AkzoNobel.
Quaker Chemical Corporation has won a 2017 Ringier Technology Innovation Award with its process fluid, QUAKERCOAT@ 801, a high-performance, fast-drying water-based coating. It was the second time that Quaker has been awarded this distinction.