- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- BNP Paribas takes further measures to accelerate its support of the energy transition
- European Commission Approves Symtuza® for the Treatment of HIV-1 In Adults and Adolescents in Europe
- DNV GL has Appointed Liv Hovem as the New CEO of its Oil & Gas Business Area
Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
Sanofi and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has announced positive results from a Phase 2 investigational study of dupilumab in adults with active moderate-to-severe eosinophilic esophagitis.
AkzoNobel's Specialty Chemicals business has entered the design phase of a further capacity expansion in Germany to produce chloromethanes - a key ingredient in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals and electronics.
Considering the planned acquisition of Monsanto, Bayer has signed an agreement to sell selected Crop Science businesses to BASF for €5.9 billion. The assets to be sold generated net sales of approximately €1.3 billion in 2016.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. has announced that it has submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Apalutamide, an investigational, next-generation oral androgen receptor (AR) inhibitor for men with non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC).
Fluor Corporation (NYSE: FLR) announced today that it was selected by LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) to perform the engineering and procurement for its propylene oxide (PO) and tertiary butyl alcohol (TBA) project located at its Channelview and Bayport complexes outside of Houston.
Novartis has joined forces with researchers from the University of California, Berkeley, to develop new technologies for the discovery of next-generation therapeutics, pursuing the vast number of disease targets in cancer and other illnesses that have eluded traditional small-molecule compounds and are considered “undruggable.”
Janssen-Cilag International NV (Janssen) today announced that the European Commission has approved the use of Symtuza®, a once-daily darunavir-based single-tablet regimen (STR), for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection in adults and adolescents aged 12 years and older with a body weight of at least 40 kg.
Gilead Sciences, Inc has entered into a definitive agreement with Kite Pharm to acquire Kite for $11.9 billion, or $180.00 per share. In announcing the acquisition, Gilead Sciences said the transaction, anticipated to close in the fourth quarter of 2017, will provide opportunities for diversification of revenues, and is expected to be neutral to earnings by year three and accretive thereafter.