- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Daimler launches new DENZA electric vehicle for the Chinese market
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- European Commission Approves Symtuza® for the Treatment of HIV-1 In Adults and Adolescents in Europe
- BNP Paribas takes further measures to accelerate its support of the energy transition
Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
3M has developed a “Find My Adhesive” product selector tool to help make medical adhesive selection a simpler process. The product selector tool will be available to demo at CES 2018 in Las Vegas from 9th – 12th January in the 3M booth within the Health & Wellness Marketplace.
Novartis has announced Kisqali® received US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Breakthrough Therapy designation for the initial endocrine-based treatment of pre- or perimenopausal women with hormone-receptor-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 negative (HR+/HER2-) advanced or metastatic breast cancer in combination with tamoxifen or an aromatase inhibitor.
W. R. Grace & Co. has recently signed an agreement to acquire the Polyolefin Catalysts business of Albemarle Corporation for $416 million. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2018, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.
GE Additive has celebrated the opening of its first international Customer Experience Centre in Munich. The new 2,700m² centre, co-located with GE’s European Technology Centre, allows current and potential customers to experience every aspect of the additive manufacturing process from design to prototyping to operations.
Clariant, a world leader in speciality chemicals, today announced an agreement with Xuzhou HaiDing Chemical Technology Co. Ltd. to develop a custom-built CATOFIN catalyst and propane dehydrogenation (PDH) unit in cooperation with its technology partner CB&I. The project includes the license and engineering design of the unit, which is to be built in Pizhou, Jiangsu Province, China.
Specialty chemicals company Evonik is to acquire 3M’s high-concentrates additive compounding business, and the corresponding agreement has been signed.
Cornelius, an independent European manufacturer and distributor of high-performance chemicals for the industrial manufacturing sector, is telling paint manufactures not to be alarmed by recent zirconium price increases and to use alternative zirconium driers instead.
Praxair, Inc has announced that shareholders approved the business combination with Linde AG at Praxair’s special meeting of shareholders.