- Daimler launches new DENZA electric vehicle for the Chinese market
- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- European Commission Approves Symtuza® for the Treatment of HIV-1 In Adults and Adolescents in Europe
- BNP Paribas takes further measures to accelerate its support of the energy transition
Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
Novartis announced on October 30th that it has entered a memorandum of understanding with Advanced Accelerator Applications (AAA) under which Novartis intends to commence a tender offer for 100% of the share capital of AAA subject to certain conditions. Advanced Accelerator Applications is a radiopharmaceutical company that develops, produces and commercializes Molecular Nuclear Medicines including Lutathera®, a first-in-class RLT product for neuroendocrine tumors.
Novartis has announced long-term study results supporting the positive safety and efficacy of Revolade (eltrombopag) in adults with chronic/persistent (enrolling patients that were 6 or more months from diagnosis) immune (idiopathic) thrombocytopenia (ITP) were published online in Blood.
Sanofi and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has announced positive results from a Phase 2 investigational study of dupilumab in adults with active moderate-to-severe eosinophilic esophagitis.
AkzoNobel's Specialty Chemicals business has entered the design phase of a further capacity expansion in Germany to produce chloromethanes - a key ingredient in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals and electronics.
Considering the planned acquisition of Monsanto, Bayer has signed an agreement to sell selected Crop Science businesses to BASF for €5.9 billion. The assets to be sold generated net sales of approximately €1.3 billion in 2016.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. has announced that it has submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for Apalutamide, an investigational, next-generation oral androgen receptor (AR) inhibitor for men with non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC).
Fluor Corporation (NYSE: FLR) announced today that it was selected by LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) to perform the engineering and procurement for its propylene oxide (PO) and tertiary butyl alcohol (TBA) project located at its Channelview and Bayport complexes outside of Houston.
Novartis has joined forces with researchers from the University of California, Berkeley, to develop new technologies for the discovery of next-generation therapeutics, pursuing the vast number of disease targets in cancer and other illnesses that have eluded traditional small-molecule compounds and are considered “undruggable.”