- Daimler launches new DENZA electric vehicle for the Chinese market
- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- European Commission Approves Symtuza® for the Treatment of HIV-1 In Adults and Adolescents in Europe
- BNP Paribas takes further measures to accelerate its support of the energy transition
Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
Novartis has joined forces with researchers from the University of California, Berkeley, to develop new technologies for the discovery of next-generation therapeutics, pursuing the vast number of disease targets in cancer and other illnesses that have eluded traditional small-molecule compounds and are considered “undruggable.”
Janssen-Cilag International NV (Janssen) today announced that the European Commission has approved the use of Symtuza®, a once-daily darunavir-based single-tablet regimen (STR), for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection in adults and adolescents aged 12 years and older with a body weight of at least 40 kg.
Gilead Sciences, Inc has entered into a definitive agreement with Kite Pharm to acquire Kite for $11.9 billion, or $180.00 per share. In announcing the acquisition, Gilead Sciences said the transaction, anticipated to close in the fourth quarter of 2017, will provide opportunities for diversification of revenues, and is expected to be neutral to earnings by year three and accretive thereafter.
Students from Eindhoven University of Technology taking part in this year's Bridgestone World Solar Challenge in Australia will be aiming to blaze a winning trail in a stunning new vehicle featuring high performance coatings supplied by AkzoNobel.
Quaker Chemical Corporation has won a 2017 Ringier Technology Innovation Award with its process fluid, QUAKERCOAT@ 801, a high-performance, fast-drying water-based coating. It was the second time that Quaker has been awarded this distinction.