- Daimler Trucks hands over first all-electric FUSO eCanter trucks to customers
- Daimler launches new DENZA electric vehicle for the Chinese market
- Pride Tour 2018: Daimler supports tolerance and diversity worldwide
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
Versarien plc, the advanced materials engineering group, has announced that it has signed an agreement with Luxus Limited, to develop a UK graphene-enhanced polymer supply chain to enable the volume production of graphene-enhanced plastics.
With MasterSeal 7000 CR from Master Builders Solutions, BASF has announced an innovation to protect concrete and steel structures in extreme wastewater environments.
Clariant, a world leader in speciality chemicals, has announced first quarter 2018 sales of CHF 1.722 billion compared to CHF 1.602 billion in the first quarter of 2017.
Nestlé has inaugurated two new factories in the China Medical City in Taizhou, Jiangsu Province. The factories will meet the needs of consumers for Foods for Special Medical Purposes (FSMP) and skin care products.
AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals and INEOS Nitriles have signed a long-term co-operation agreement that will allow AkzoNobel to expand its production of biodegradable chelates, used in detergents and other industries, utilizing one of INEOS Nitriles' chemical products.
The Procter & Gamble Company has announced it has signed an agreement to acquire the Consumer Health business of Merck KGaA for a purchase price of approximately €3.4 billion.
Recently at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in London, Bayer joins with members of the agriculture industry – BASF, Mitsui Chemicals, Sumitomo Chemical Company and Syngenta – to pledge its ongoing support to the research, development and supply of innovative vector control solutions, to help eradicate malaria by 2040.
Novartis AG has announced that its indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, Novartis AM Merger Corporation, a Delaware corporation, has commenced a cash tender offer to purchase all the outstanding shares of common stock, par value $0.0001 per share, of AveXis Inc for a price of $218.00 per share, net to the seller in cash, without interest and subject to any tax withholding.