- Daimler Trucks hands over first all-electric FUSO eCanter trucks to customers
- Daimler launches new DENZA electric vehicle for the Chinese market
- Pride Tour 2018: Daimler supports tolerance and diversity worldwide
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
TransCanada Corporation has announced that it has agreed to sell its Ontario solar portfolio comprised of eight facilities with a total generating capacity of 76 megawatts to Axium Infinity Solar LP, a subsidiary of Axium Infrastructure Canada II Limited Partnership, for approximately $540 million.
Hywind Scotland, the first floating wind farm in the world, has started to deliver electricity to the Scottish grid. Today the First Minister of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon, officially opens the wind farm.
BNP Paribas Group has recently announced their new policies relating to the shift towards renewable energy. The group will no longer do business with companies whose principal business activity is the exploration, production, distribution, marketing or trading of oil and gas from shale and/or oil from tar sands.
For the first time, a research project will investigate the possibility of storing wind and solar power at a former gas field. The storage project is based on “power to gas technology”, which converts electricity generated in this way into a mixture of methane and hydrogen.
The technology group Wärtsilä will support the Indian company Arkay Energy (Rameswarm) Limited to reach higher electrical output and productivity, better operational security and increased efficiency of its power plant in a remote and developing area.
Liv Hovem will take over as CEO of DNV GL’s Oil & Gas business area, starting 1st January 2018, which provides integrated technical assurance and advisory services to operators, suppliers and regulators across the oil and gas value chain, from project initiation to decommissioning.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has appointed Alan Feeley as its new Chief Cyber Security Officer.