- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- Adient agrees to purchase automotive seating supplier Futuris Group
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
Kier, a leading provider of construction and infrastructure services, has been awarded a major new contract by Openreach to build new broadband infrastructure in Swindon and other areas of Wiltshire.
By spring, the city’s highways contractor, Amey, will have created a digitised public highway network for Sheffield, with thousands of individual sensors communicating wirelessly via smart sensors deployed to the city’s assets.
The A14 joint venture delivery team, comprised of Balfour Beatty, Costain and Skanska working on behalf of Highways England, has announced that Britain’s biggest road project – the A14 – is set to open to drivers more than half a year early.
Morrison Utility Services, the UK’s largest dedicated utility service provider, has collaborated with its sister M Group Services company, PMP Utilities, to complete complex repair works on a leaking sluice valve on behalf of Yorkshire Water.
Balfour Beatty, working on behalf of Network Rail, has successfully completed the electrification of 77 kilometres of the Great Western Railway line between Bristol and Cardiff, a significant contribution to Network Rail’s overall Greater West Electrification Programme to electrify 275 kilometres of train line between Cardiff and London.
Ramboll has joined forces with Web Structures, a leading building design and engineering consultancy that has pioneered integrated design in South East Asia.