- Daimler Trucks hands over first all-electric FUSO eCanter trucks to customers
- Daimler launches new DENZA electric vehicle for the Chinese market
- Pride Tour 2018: Daimler supports tolerance and diversity worldwide
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
Food, Beverage and Agriculture
The Barry Callebaut Group, the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, opened 8th May 2018, the first CHOCOLATE ACADEMY™ centre in Johannesburg, South Africa.
UEFA and Pepsi® have announced Dua Lipa as the music artist performing at the 2018 “UEFA Champions League Final Opening Ceremony presented by Pepsi.”
Nestlé Purina PetCare has acquired a majority stake in Tails.com, a direct-to-consumer, tailor-made dog nutrition business based in the UK. With the rapid growth of personalised pet nutrition, as well as subscription services, Nestlé Purina’s shareholding in this digital-first business offers significant growth opportunities for both companies.
This May, in the U.S, Pop-Tarts® Toaster Pastries is releasing two all-new, ingenious toaster pastries that up the ante when it comes to taste, with two flavours side-by-side in one tart: Frosted Strawberry & Drizzled Cheesecake and Drizzled Sugar Cookie & Frosted Brownie Batter.
The European Union and Mexico has reached a new agreement on trade, part of a broader, modernised EU-Mexico Global Agreement. Practically all trade in goods between the EU and Mexico will now be duty-free, including in the agricultural sector.
Nomad Foods Limited has announced that it has completed its previously announced acquisition of Green Isle Foods Ltd (“Goodfella’s Pizza) from a subsidiary of Boparan Holdings Ltd. for a purchase price of £200 million, subject to customary working capital adjustments.
Leading global agri-business, Olam International (“Olam’’), has launched AtSource – a sustainable and traceable sourcing solution that will provide unrivalled environmental and social insights into the journey of agricultural raw materials and food ingredients from the farm to manufacturing and retail customers.