- Daimler Trucks hands over first all-electric FUSO eCanter trucks to customers
- Daimler launches new DENZA electric vehicle for the Chinese market
- Pride Tour 2018: Daimler supports tolerance and diversity worldwide
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
Paper and Packaging
Professionals who attend this year’s PACK EXPO International in Chicago, from 14th – 17th October, can learn about the latest smart manufacturing techniques aimed at delivering value across the enterprise.
Clariant, a world leader in speciality chemicals, and its Cargo & Device Protection unit, the originator of the colour change humidity indicator card, introduce an industry-first innovation to better ensure that the integrity of dry packing that protects moisture-sensitive devices has not been compromised by high humidity at any time during shipment or storage.
The higher the product quality, the more important the quality control – and therefore the more expensive if the packaging is destroyed and the product can no longer be sold.
Constantia Flexibles Group has agreed to acquire a majority shareholding in the Indian film-based laminates producer Creative Polypack Limited.
“Businesses should not underestimate the impact sponsorship has on female-oriented initiatives,” says Joanna Stephenson, Co-founder of Women in Packaging UK, a group that connects, supports and recognises female employees in the UK packaging industry.
The new MAPY VAC inline gas analyser from Witt-Gasetechnik is able to check the modified atmosphere of packages processed in tray-sealers and thermoformers before the packages are finally sealed.
Leading folding carton manufacturer Graphic Packaging International is making a £5 million investment in its Gateshead UK facility to meet growing demand and create job opportunities for the North East.