- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- European Commission Approves Symtuza® for the Treatment of HIV-1 In Adults and Adolescents in Europe
- BNP Paribas takes further measures to accelerate its support of the energy transition
- DNV GL has Appointed Liv Hovem as the New CEO of its Oil & Gas Business Area
Paper and Packaging
The new MAPY VAC inline gas analyser from Witt-Gasetechnik is able to check the modified atmosphere of packages processed in tray-sealers and thermoformers before the packages are finally sealed.
Leading folding carton manufacturer Graphic Packaging International is making a £5 million investment in its Gateshead UK facility to meet growing demand and create job opportunities for the North East.
Sappi Limited, a leading global producer of dissolving wood pulp, specialities and packaging papers, printing and writing papers and biomaterials, today announced that all conditions precedent relating to the acquisition of the speciality paper business of Cham Paper Group Holding AG (CPG) have been fulfilled and closing has been completed.
International Paper a world leader in renewable fibre-based packaging, pulp and paper products, has been recognised by the Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, as one of the 2018 World's Most Ethical Companies.
The digital transformation of society is posing a strong threat to graphic paper usage but benefiting the packaging sector through new ways of trade.
Cortec has announced that EcoCortec is the first bioplastics plant in Croatia and is a partner in the €1.95 million European BIOCOMPACK project.
Belvac Production Machinery, Inc., a world leader in the design and production of continuous motion rotary machinery used by beverage, food and aerosol can manufacturers around the globe, is pleased to announce the acquisition of Rosario Handel based in Dongen, The Netherlands.
Both Iggesund Paperboard mills – in Iggesund, Sweden, and Workington, England - have been awarded the highest rating for sustainability in an evaluation done by the EcoVadis firm of analysts.