- Daimler launches new DENZA electric vehicle for the Chinese market
- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- European Commission Approves Symtuza® for the Treatment of HIV-1 In Adults and Adolescents in Europe
- BNP Paribas takes further measures to accelerate its support of the energy transition
Paper and Packaging
On June 10, 2017, Voith Paper, Huazhang Technology, Jianhui Paper and Jinzhou Paper reached an agreement to rebuild the headboxes and shoe presses of existing paper machines. Under this new contract, Voith Paper has been commissioned to rebuild the headboxes and shoe presses of Jianhui PM 3 and PM 4 as well as Jinzhou PM 3 and PM 4.
South Africa successfully diverted 1.4 million tonnes of recyclable paper and paper packaging from landfill in 2016. This is equivalent to the weight of 280,000 adult African elephants or would cover 254 soccer fields.
Fibria, a Brazilian company that is the world’s leading producer of eucalyptus pulp from planted forests, has advanced the operational startup of its new mill at Três Lagoas in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul. The company’s second pulp production line goes operational three weeks ahead of schedule, while originally slated for the first half of September.