- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- Adient agrees to purchase automotive seating supplier Futuris Group
- Kuehne + Nagel strengthens its Panama presence Kuehne + Nagel strengthens its presence
- Daimler Trucks hands over first all-electric FUSO eCanter trucks to customers
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
Paper and Packaging
“Businesses should not underestimate the impact sponsorship has on female-oriented initiatives,” says Joanna Stephenson, Co-founder of Women in Packaging UK, a group that connects, supports and recognises female employees in the UK packaging industry.
The new MAPY VAC inline gas analyser from Witt-Gasetechnik is able to check the modified atmosphere of packages processed in tray-sealers and thermoformers before the packages are finally sealed.
Leading folding carton manufacturer Graphic Packaging International is making a £5 million investment in its Gateshead UK facility to meet growing demand and create job opportunities for the North East.
Sappi Limited, a leading global producer of dissolving wood pulp, specialities and packaging papers, printing and writing papers and biomaterials, today announced that all conditions precedent relating to the acquisition of the speciality paper business of Cham Paper Group Holding AG (CPG) have been fulfilled and closing has been completed.
International Paper a world leader in renewable fibre-based packaging, pulp and paper products, has been recognised by the Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, as one of the 2018 World's Most Ethical Companies.
The digital transformation of society is posing a strong threat to graphic paper usage but benefiting the packaging sector through new ways of trade.
Cortec has announced that EcoCortec is the first bioplastics plant in Croatia and is a partner in the €1.95 million European BIOCOMPACK project.
Belvac Production Machinery, Inc., a world leader in the design and production of continuous motion rotary machinery used by beverage, food and aerosol can manufacturers around the globe, is pleased to announce the acquisition of Rosario Handel based in Dongen, The Netherlands.