- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- Adient agrees to purchase automotive seating supplier Futuris Group
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
Steels, Metals and Tooling
Leading international trade fair for the most modern and innovative metalworking techniques, EMO Hannover 2017 successfully took place in September.
UC RUSAL, a leading global aluminium producer, has announced that it will be supplying approximately 510 tonnes of aluminium to be used in the production of aluminium tram interiors.
ArcelorMittal Zenica, the steel producer located in Bosnia and Herzegovina (B&H), today signed a 9,6 mill BAM (€4.9m) contract with Italian company “Ekoplant”, marking the start of a major project to install advanced new dust filters in the steel plant.
Altecnic, the UK's leading provider of high-quality heating and plumbing components, has strengthened its nationwide salesforce with the appointment of Mr Graham Heap as its new Area Sales Manager.
ArcelorMittal operations in Argentina and Brazil have each been shortlisted for Steelie Awards in the Excellence in Sustainability category. The Steelie Awards, in their 8th year, are organised by the World Steel Association.
ArcelorMittal (‘the Company’) today announces a major US$1 billion, three-year investment programme at its Mexican operations, which is focussed on building ArcelorMittal Mexico’s downstream capabilities, sustaining the competitiveness of its mining operations and modernising its existing asset base.
The Roemheld Group has opened a new Stark manufacturing centre in Rankweil, Austria. This 6,000m2 building officially opened at the beginning of July and houses the latest manufacturing equipment and systems. This investment in technology includes new turn-mill centres, CNC grinding machines and a 3D measuring machine for use with large parts.