- Daimler Trucks hands over first all-electric FUSO eCanter trucks to customers
- Daimler launches new DENZA electric vehicle for the Chinese market
- Pride Tour 2018: Daimler supports tolerance and diversity worldwide
- Cortec® Introduces EcoShield® Super Barrier Paper and Linerboard
- Industry calls for urgent clarity on EU workers as survey shows recruitment crunch looming
- Amey and Sersa, as part of the S&C North Alliance, win Infrastructure Achievement Award at National Rail Awards
- Rimac opens 100 new jobs
- Covestro expands global capacity for polyurethane dispersions
Transport and Logistics
Rolls-Royce has extended its marine Energy Management solutions with a ‘cloud-based’ fuel consumption and carbon dioxide monitoring module designed to help shipowners meet the European Union’s Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) regulation.
CSX Corporation has announced that James M. Foote is joining the company as chief operating officer.
Wearable technology which could reduce risks to drivers and lone workers has been trialled by highways engineers working for leading service provider Amey.
MICHELIN solutions has been awarded a major contract with XPO Logistics, a leading global provider of transport and logistics solutions, to provide a tailored tire management solution across nearly 80% of its 17,000-strong European fleet.
SEGRO plc and Roxhill have today launched SEGRO Logistics Park East Midlands Gateway, a 700-acre `inland port’ which combines links to the M1 and East Midlands Airport with a major new rail freight terminal.
Jeppesen has announced a three-year service renewal agreement with Air Malta to provide Jeppesen's industry-leading FliteDeck Pro electronic flight bag (EFB) services on iPad, in addition to digital charting data and NavData global navigation services for the airline.
DSV continues to grow its presence in China; its new Chinese management team of the Solutions business area is the latest logistics development DSV’s offices in North and East China are preparing for the future: a future with a more structured direction for the development of the Solutions division, which, after being spun off from the DSV Air & Sea division last year, has been upgraded by adding new warehouses, new products and a reinforced management team that is preparing for Solutions 2.0.
Boeing and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) will flight-test Long-range Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR) technology next year. This remote-sensing technology could help commercial airplane pilots better detect and avoid weather disturbances to improve flight safety.