- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Adient agrees to purchase automotive seating supplier Futuris Group
Automotive, Aerospace and Rail
Eurostar, the high-speed rail link between the UK and mainland Europe, has confirmed that its London-Amsterdam service will operate fully direct both to and from the Netherlands from the 26th October.
A consortium led by Ford is developing an innovative predictive road safety tool which, using data from connected vehicles and intelligent roadside sensors, could help to make travel in towns and cities safer and easier.
The Ford GT is America’s only Le Mans-winning supercar, and taking this pinnacle of Ford Performance even further for 2021, Ford is revealing two new enhancements – the first-ever Heritage Edition inspired by the original model’s first endurance win at the 1966 Daytona 24 Hour Continental race, plus an all-new Studio Collection package offers even more exclusivity and design enhancements.
Jaguar Land Rover is pioneering software that will reduce motion sickness by adapting the driving style of future autonomous vehicles, to continue to provide customers with the most refined and comfortable ride possible.
As part of the move to decarbonise its fleet in line with the SSE Group’s EV100 commitment, SSE’s networks business Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks has been trialling the Nissan ENV200 electric van across a variety of roles and locations.
Toyota has designed a cabin safety screen to help protect UK cab drivers and their passengers from coronavirus transmission while travelling.
Ford and its consortium partners have received government backing for the introduction of 5G connectivity to speed up electric vehicle manufacturing.
Work to build the HS2 London terminus at Euston has taken a major step forward this month with the Mace Dragados joint venture moving onto the construction site adjacent to Euston station to begin work on the new high speed station in central London.