- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Adient agrees to purchase automotive seating supplier Futuris Group
Automotive, Aerospace and Rail
Kia Motors America has introduced a completely redesigned customer web site, www.Kia.com, which has been updated to provide consumers with a new and easier way to navigate their online experience.
South African Airways is further strengthening its presence in Ghana by increasing weekly frequencies from 9 to 10 flights between Johannesburg and Accra, and by launching a daily service between Accra and Washington DC, with effect from 5th September 2019.
The Port of Long Beach, one of the greenest ports in the world, has selected HDR to perform the final design as it moves ahead with its $870 million effort to streamline rail operations and reduce bottlenecks at the second-busiest container port in the U.S.
Gatwick has published its new five-year Capital Investment Programme which highlights more investment in automation and technology as an enabler of sustainable growth.
A chromate-free exterior primer developed by AkzoNobel’s Aerospace Coatings business has been newly qualified by aircraft manufacturer Boeing, underlining the company’s ongoing drive to make the aerospace industry more sustainable.
BP and DiDi have agreed to form a new joint venture to build electric vehicle charging infrastructure in China, the world’s largest market for electric vehicles.
OSRL has announced the order for a second AN-124 aircraft transport skid with L+M AG for the Singapore located capping stack to further enhance the air freight capabilities of the Subsea Well Intervention Service as requested and supported by its subscribers.
To meet the growing demand for ever more precise surface finishing in aerospace, Fintek has invested in the latest-generation stream finishing machine from OTEC Präzisionsfinish GmbH.