- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- Innophos completes acquisition of Novel Ingredients
Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
Novartis AG has announced the successful completion of the previously announced tender offer by its indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, Novartis AM Merger Corporation, for all the outstanding shares of common stock, par value $0.0001 per share, of AveXis, Inc at a price of $218.00 per share, net to the seller in cash, without interest and subject to any tax withholding.
Powder containment and aseptic transfer valve specialist, ChargePoint Technology, has launched a unique Smart monitoring hub to support efficiency and safety within chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
AkzoNobel has become the recommended supplier of automotive refinishes for Mercedes-Benz China, the country's leading luxury auto brand.
SABIC and ExxonMobil have announced that they have created a new joint venture to advance the development of the Gulf Coast Growth Ventures project, a 1.8 million tonne ethane cracker currently planned for construction in San Patricio County, Texas. The facility will also include a mono-ethylene glycol unit and two polyethene units.
Versarien plc, the advanced materials engineering group, has announced that it has signed an agreement with Luxus Limited, to develop a UK graphene-enhanced polymer supply chain to enable the volume production of graphene-enhanced plastics.
With MasterSeal 7000 CR from Master Builders Solutions, BASF has announced an innovation to protect concrete and steel structures in extreme wastewater environments.
Clariant, a world leader in speciality chemicals, has announced first quarter 2018 sales of CHF 1.722 billion compared to CHF 1.602 billion in the first quarter of 2017.