- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Innophos completes acquisition of Novel Ingredients
Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
Janssen-Cilag International NV (Janssen) today announced that the European Commission has approved the use of Symtuza®, a once-daily darunavir-based single-tablet regimen (STR), for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection in adults and adolescents aged 12 years and older with a body weight of at least 40 kg.
Gilead Sciences, Inc has entered into a definitive agreement with Kite Pharm to acquire Kite for $11.9 billion, or $180.00 per share. In announcing the acquisition, Gilead Sciences said the transaction, anticipated to close in the fourth quarter of 2017, will provide opportunities for diversification of revenues, and is expected to be neutral to earnings by year three and accretive thereafter.
Students from Eindhoven University of Technology taking part in this year's Bridgestone World Solar Challenge in Australia will be aiming to blaze a winning trail in a stunning new vehicle featuring high performance coatings supplied by AkzoNobel.
Quaker Chemical Corporation has won a 2017 Ringier Technology Innovation Award with its process fluid, QUAKERCOAT@ 801, a high-performance, fast-drying water-based coating. It was the second time that Quaker has been awarded this distinction.