- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Adient agrees to purchase automotive seating supplier Futuris Group
Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group, has recently announced that a subsidiary of its 50:50 Far East joint venture, Gammon Construction, has been awarded an HK$4bn construction contract for a large scale residential development, ‘Lohas Park Package 9’, by Wheelock and Company Limited.
Balfour Beatty has continued its commitment to raising awareness of mental health and wellbeing in construction, through its sponsorship of an event for its Sellafield workforce.
£490 million contract to deliver an Advanced Manufacturing Centre on behalf of the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation.
Balfour Beatty Living Places has been awarded a £34 million, one-year extension for its Warwickshire Highways Maintenance Contract by Coventry City Council, Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council and Warwickshire County Council.
Universities in the UK have a vital role in addressing critical skills shortages and unlocking economic growth and productivity; however, while the UK currently has record numbers of students – 1.7million young people in full time higher education – universities will have to adapt if they are to thrive.
Balfour Beatty has been recognised for its commitment to sustainability, securing seven awards at the prestigious Green Apple Awards at The Houses of Parliament and an additional prize for Construction Project of The Year at the Construction, Quarry and Recycling awards in Northern Ireland.
Balfour Beatty has been awarded a £63 million contract on behalf of Highways England to develop, design and deliver critical dual carriageway upgrades on the A19 between Norton and Wynyard in the North of England.
Balfour Beatty has been awarded a £68 million contract by Audley Group to complete the new Mayfield Watford retirement village in Watford, London.