- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Innophos completes acquisition of Novel Ingredients
Steels, Metals and Tooling
Volvo Group and SSAB have signed a collaboration agreement on research, development, serial production and commercialisation of the world’s first vehicles to be made of fossil-free steel.
ArcelorMittal Europe – Long Products has launched RailCor, a completely new range of corrosion resistant rails to protect from severe corrosion environments.
British Steel has increased its offering to the construction market by introducing a new high-strength structural steel grade.
Metso Outotec and Boliden have signed an extension of their service contract for Boliden’s Aitik copper mine in Gällivare, Northern Sweden.
Chicago Pneumatic has introduced a new all-in-one dust extraction solution to make metalworking applications safer and more efficient.
The European Investment Bank (EIB), with the support of the European Commission, has granted a EUR 75m loan to ArcelorMittal for the construction of two ground-breaking projects at ArcelorMittal Ghent, Belgium, to considerably reduce carbon emissions by converting waste and by-products into valuable new products, helping to develop low-carbon steelmaking technologies, in line with the EU’s climate objectives.
ArcelorMittal plans to roll out a new sustainability programme across Europe, aiming to secure ResponsibleSteel site certification for all its ArcelorMittal Europe - Flat Products sites.
As automakers are challenged to improve safety and fuel economy, they continue to search for new materials to meet higher performance demand of body structures.