- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Innophos completes acquisition of Novel Ingredients
Steels, Metals and Tooling
South Korean-based Horyong has chosen Strenx steel to manufacture its special purpose truck-mounted aerial lifts and ladder cars.
Since Hyundai Motor decided to go from regular steel to SSAB’s Hardox steel when producing the concrete mixers for their special trucks, the demand has surged.
ArcelorMittal has announced that it is one of 230 companies selected for the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index, which distinguishes companies committed to transparency in gender reporting and advancing women’s equality in the workplace.
ArcelorMittal has called for Europe to introduce a green border adjustment whereby steel imported into Europe has the same standards applied on CO2 as European-produced steel under the Emissions Trading System regime.
Nippon Steel & Sumikin Engineering Co., Ltd has announced that CTCI Corporation has awarded NSENGI with the core components of a new WtE plant in Taoyuan City, Taiwan.
With its standardisation strategy and the C 22 UP machining centre from Hermle, the tool and mould making division of the WMF Group has managed to streamline die and tool production processes, thereby creating the scope for services for external customers.
For over three decades steel company SSAB has delivered steel plates to England-based My Inner Strenx members Kocurek Excavators, the industry leaders in the manufacture of demolition equipment.