- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Bayer donates proprietary data and joins forces with Quantified Planet, enabling research into biodiversity
- Innophos completes acquisition of Novel Ingredients
Transport and Logistics
We move to cities and do internet shopping: that destroys the market for private cars and boosts demand for buses and delivery trucks.
In response to the House of Commons vote in the UK, Dr Detlef Trefzger, CEO of Kuehne + Nagel International AG, emphasises the importance of open markets.
Toshiba Infrastructure Systems & Solutions Corporation has received an order for traction system electrical equipment for 520 cars for commuter trains (52 trains comprising 10 cars each) for the Taiwan Railways Administration.
Mace has appointed Sean Gray as Director of Transportation to deliver the next phase of growth for its transport consultancy team.
At the yearly ceremony in Amsterdam, the Supply Chain Finance Community awarded Kuehne + Nagel’s supply chain finance solution as the best program in the category Transport & Logistics. Kuehne + Nagel has leveraged its existing Tradeshift e-invoicing platform by adding a Supply Chain Finance (SCF) layer on top.
Ordering goods online for home delivery is now a firmly established method of shopping throughout the Western world. In 2016, 65 billion parcels were delivered to homes worldwide.
The UK’s leading provider of temperature-controlled logistics services NFT is one of six premier logistics companies which have joined forces to form EV Cargo.
Siemens is supplying an autonomous stockyard management system to be used in a new plant for HBIS Laoting Steel Co. Ltd., a Chinese subsidiary of one of the world's biggest iron and steel producers.