- Qatar welcomes first batch of Doha Metro trains at Hamad Port
- Skanska invests €48m in first phase of mixed-use project in Poznan, Poland
- Goodyear using soybean oil-based rubber in tires
- DSV China: New forces - new goals
- Adient agrees to purchase automotive seating supplier Futuris Group
- Toromont Industries to acquire Hewitt Equipment
- Fibria’s new pulp mill in Três Lagoas (Brazil) starts operations ahead of schedule
- ‘Next generation’ turbines approved for East Anglia THREE offshore windfarm
Transport and Logistics
Global trade enabler DP World has signed a 20-year concession with an automatic 20-year extension with the Republic of Mali to build and operate a 1000-hectare modern logistics hub outside of Bamako, the capital and largest city of Mali.
As of August 2018, a new Logistics Hub in Santiago de Chile will benefit the growing pharma and healthcare industry in South America with a dedicated warehousing solution.
Avnet, a leading global technology distributor, has announced that it will begin to offer ParceLive, a real-time shipment tracking system, on a global basis to its customer base. The ParceLive service was developed by Hanhaa, a UK-based IoT innovator.
At the ribbon-cutting ceremony in Bogotá, Colombia, Kuehne + Nagel unveiled its first regional Logistics Control Centre (LCC) for Integrated Logistics in South and Central America.
The logistics unit of Noatum Maritime Noatum Logistics has just launched a new division specialising in the provision of specific, high-value services to the railway industry.
Virgin Hyperloop One, the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), and AECOM have announced they are advancing to the second half of the Rocky Mountain Hyperloop feasibility study.
Systems and engineering technology company, Frazer-Nash Consultancy, has formed a new Transport and Infrastructure business group.
Johnson Controls Power Solutions has been awarded contracts to supply absorbent glass mat and flooded batteries to two heavy-duty commercial truck and bus industry leaders – Navistar and MAN Truck and Bus – in an effort to meet increasing electrical demands on fleets around the globe.